Sunday, September 28, 2008

Journey

I just wanted to say this:


Homeschooling is a journey, not a race. Why do some people get so wrapped up in our kids being done exactly at the same time as their age peers in public school? Why do we get so concerned about "normal." Personally, I was NOT ready at 18 to become responsible for myself, my education, or picking out my future career path. I botched all of that. Why would we want to force decisions on our children that they are not immediately required to make or even really well equipped (in a lot of cases) to make. I say, hey, enjoy the time your kids are with you. Stop pushing them out the door, because you're gonna be crying when they move out!! : )
Childhood is so short. Let all enjoy teaching and learning with those God has entrusted to us.
J

No comments: