Sunday, July 10, 2011

MISSIONS TO NICARAGUA

You may notice on the right side of my blog a new "donate" button. Well, I am asking for donations to help send me and my husband and our three kids to Nicaragua. We are to be leaving on August 6th for a week. Airline tickets are expensive. Renting a big vehicle is expensive. Gas is expensive. Feeding lots of needy people is expensive. Buying scholarly resources for Nicaraguan pastors is expensive. We are so excited about this opportunity that God has put in front of us. Please prayerfully consider making a donation to help us go on this trip.

While we are there we will be distributing school uniforms/school supplies so children will be allowed to go to school.

We will be distributing a set of 5 scholarly resources to pastors and having training meetings for them on how to use them.

We will be feeding meals to hungry kids and their parents.

We will be distributing hundreds of hygiene packs full of soap, shampoo, washcloths, lotion, toothbrushes and toothpaste to people who have little or no access to these things.

Thank you for helping those less fortunate than you. Watch for pictures to come from my trip in March to Nicaragua.

"For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me a drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothes me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me....Truly I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers you did it to me." Matthew 25: 35-41

No comments: