Thursday, July 28, 2011

it's getting close!!

Hard to believe we leave so soon for Nicaragua! We are SO excited!  I forgot this is the rainy season...so that's not to exciting :) but it will be fine.  I am a worrier.  I know I'm not supposed to be, and I'm working on that, but....well...as of this morning I still am!   One less worry:  we have all 5 passports. Praise the Lord!

One more worry gone:   We have plane tickets!!! yay! Now I just have to get boarding the dogs straight!  They will not be thrilled...but...hey, they're dogs! :)  

SO here's what I read in my Bible study this morning:

Because God is love, His will is always best.
Because God is all-knowing, His directives are always right.
Because God is all-powerful, he can enable me to do His will.

Thank you God, for all of the above.  He is enabling me.


"We know that we have come to knowhim if we obey his commands. The man who says, 'I know him,' but does not do what he commands is a lianr, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete i him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did."  1 John 2:3-6


1. Obedience is costly to me and to those around me.
2. I cannot know and do the will of God without paying the price of adjustment and obedience.
3. I must adjust my plans and program to what God is doing.
4.You can trust God with your family.


All of this is from Henry Blackaby's Bible study called "Experiencing God." If you've not done it, I highly recommend it.

No comments: